Lice are parasites in nature. Even the cleanest kid in school can have lice. It can spread in classrooms and school easily as children's plays closely together and they share same stuffs.
Lice cannot fly or jump. They can easily spread on people's heads especially if the carrier share hats or any other clothing, brushes, combs, hair pins, headbands, sharing beds (pillows, blankets).
Once the lies came in contact with these things, chances are the person who is using this will get lice.
Don't ignore their plea because the more lice lays nits (eggs), the itchier your child's head will be. If your daughter/son head feels very itchy, let them tell you as soon as possible. Ask them if they have classmates or schoolmate who have lice.
Mommies, please take note of the following:
1. Buy a medicated shampoo which kills lice. You should be the one to apply this to your child head and follow its instructions.
2. Use fine tooth comb to remove the nits. This kills the lice and the itch must go away within few days.
3. The treatment may need to be done again to kill any new lice.
4. Do not use a hair dryer after treatment since it contains flammable ingredients.
5. 1-2 days is the lifespan of lice on a person's head, please wash all the sheets, hats, clothing and stuff animals in hot water.
6. Vacuum the carpets and car seats.
7. Suggest to throw the contaminated combs, brushes and hair accessories like headbands. Buy a new one for your child.
8. If lice persists, consult your doctor, he will prescribe you a stronger medications for the lice.
Advice your children the do's and dont's to prevent spreading of lice:
If their classmate/friend has lice...
Avoid sharing hats or combs. Never try hats and combs that belongs to other kids.
Buy your child their own hair accessories and ask them not to borrow or lend any hair accessories to anyone.
If your kid will do sleepover, let them bring along their sleeping bag and pillows.