You didn't post a topic yet. Let us show you how to make your first topic. Guide me

Skip to forum content

Login with Facebook Username:  Password:  Login  |  Register

Use the "Login with Facebook" look around inside as a member, and receive weekly notification about interesting new topics! You can also download our Google Chrome Extension!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Please rate this topic
Current rating: 0
Votes: 0

Topic: Teaching Toddlers how to pee in just one week!

http://www.potty-training-tools.com/images/peeing-in-toilet2.jpg

Hello Moms! I just want to share some helpful tips on how you can teach your toddlers on peeing at a young age.

This could not only help you save money you from buying diapers but at the same time this could save your child from UTI or Urinary track infection.

It is really not necessary to buy your children such expensive training potty..

http://previews.123rf.com/images/yayayoy/yayayoy1303/yayayoy130300008/18597208-Little-girl-sitting-on-a-chamber-pot-Stock-Vector-baby-girl-toilet.jpg

As long as you could guide her very well  and make sure that the toilet and the bathroom is safe for them, that is enough for your child to learn how to pee by themselves.

At the age of two my child already learned how to pee on the right place from time to time or how to tell me she wants to pee.

And here are some helpful tips on how can they be able to learn that in just one week.

1. Let him eat, drink and play as normal, but every 15 minutes put him on the potty.
2. Give a reward and get creative. Through this you can encourage your child on peeing at the training pot each time she feels that she needs to go.
3. Each time your child uses the potty correctly, sing his praises.
4. Lay off milk and juice at least an hour before bedtime to help your child stay dry at night.

I hope this could help a lot! Thank you til' next time!!! wink

Re: Teaching Toddlers how to pee in just one week!

This is really a helpful post. actually my son is now 1 year old and its too cold over here. So shall I start training him now? is it the right time?

Fatima Adeel wrote:

This is really a helpful post. actually my son is now 1 year old and its too cold over here. So shall I start training him now? is it the right time?

Hi Fatima! As a nurse, we always make sure to tell mothers the importance of potty training since it is an important milestone for toddlers. However, training your son needs some considerations especially in the aspects of development and readiness to perform such task. smile

Great tips. Just wish I could remember ever 15 minutes! I always forget. I must try setting an alarm on my phone.

Thanks a lot Patricia for the helpful post. But can you please tell me what do you mean by development and readiness with respect to potty training? He can sit and walk now.

Hi, actually training boys are easier than girls. Yes you can train him as early as now. I don't have son but I had a  younger brother back  then. I taught him to pee when he was 1 year old.

You just have to show him how it was done usually when you tickle that tiny little thing it will suddenly come out. Once he have seen it the first time you should explain what it is and that should be the way it is being done. smile And you do it with him repeatedly. Hope this could help. wink

Not all toddlers are prepared for potty training. One step at a time.Need more patience and you cannot force them unless they voluntary do it.

I'm struggling so much with potty training! We're just not getting it right. I wonder if maybe its too early. I think I need to take a break and come back to potty training after the holidays. We're just not winning.

Helpful tips. My girl at her age still doesn't know how to pee by herself.  She is already done when she will get you noticed. She will just cry while it is flowing down her knee when you see her. but if not, she will just throw the pajama or she will give it to you. An advice from my in-law to memorized the time of the child pee. I am not clearly understood how it works, that's why what I am doing now is to give her plenty of water to intake then observing her reactions if she wanted to. Then it will be my time to lend her help.

Hi Kath! As soon as the baby knows how to talk and understand few things. I think that is a good sign that they are now ready to learn. Of course with a help and guide of their mother and add some patience. If it happens that she fail you can just simply tell her it's okay. Then walk her to the bathroom and show tell her this is how we wash after peeing. Littler by little they will understand.

I never rushed my children into potty training. 
I read somewhere, that the child really understands what we want from him is when he is at least two and half years old. 
So I waited. It was summer when my son reached that age.
I took off his clothes and let him run and play naked in the garden. So he can enjoy the sun... I also had his potty ready. When he started to pee, he was surprised, he never saw it before. I brought him the potty and showed him where he has to pee. From that moment he was trained. It was that easy and my son newer was traumatized that he peed in his clothes, because he newer did.

Also, I did the same thing with my daughter and it worked with the girl too. 

Pretty easy, don´t you think? You just need to wait for the right time.

Thanks khacelyn. I am sure this is.going to help me because I don't have Amy experience and neither I heard this tip before. Now I think I am ready for the big task!!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Last Posts

• 21/01: Learning Toys for Infants
  • 20/01: Life with a Premature Infant
  • 20/01: C-Sections Before and After
  • 20/01: Crafts for Kids!
  • 20/01: Hi, my name is Riza!
  • 20/01: New Momma Here :)
  • 20/01: Hey fellow moms, I'm Geraldine
  • 20/01: Hi my name is Daniella
  • 20/01: Hi! My name is Juliia.
  • 20/01: Hi! My name is Rhev
  • 20/01: Are we doing a good or bad job raising the next generation?
  • 20/01: Introduce Yourself
  • 20/01: Public or private school? Which is right for our child?
  • 18/01: Teaching your child to read
  • 18/01: Clearing white heads using tooth paste and salt
  • 18/01: Eunice
  • 18/01: Introduce yourself
  • 17/01: Hello
  • 17/01: DIY nail polish remover using lemon juice + vinegar
  • 17/01: Healthy Finger Foods for Kids
  • Hot Topics

• Teaching Toddlers how to pee in just one week! (11)
  • Things to Remember during Pregnancy (9)
  • Teenage daughter and mother date ideas (8)
  • Great time management tip for busy mornings. Anyone else got any? (8)
  • Tips to reduce weight after child birth (8)
  • Family Dinner(s) (7)
  • How much Water you Drink Daily? (6)
  • Which foods to give my 1 year old (6)
  • First birthday party theme ideas and help (6)
  • Food for Us (6)
  • Right age for kids to give cell phone (6)
  • Christmas Party games ideas :D (6)
  • Why you should never let your baby play with your phone (6)
  • Home based working mom! (5)
  • Marrying Age? (5)
  • Healthy Finger Foods for Kids (5)
  • Hilarious or practical gifts for Christmas? (5)
  • Living with In-Laws (5)
  • Keeping your nails healthy (5)
  • Honestly... how much TV time do you let your little ones get? (5)
  • Popular Topics

• Afternoon nap good or bad? (359)
  • Home based working mom! (289)
  • Teenage daughter and mother date ideas (154)
  • Which Is Your Children Most Favorite Movie and why? (144)
  • Christmas present from children (141)
  • Teaching Toddlers how to pee in just one week! (139)
  • Things to Remember during Pregnancy (137)
  • Family Dinner(s) (131)
  • Tips to reduce weight after child birth (125)
  • You Know your Child (121)
  • Natural Home Remedies (118)
  • Christmas Party games ideas :D (116)
  • Keeping your nails healthy (113)
  • fulltime mom (110)
  • Top 10 Christmas Movies for Kids (110)
  • Great time management tip for busy mornings. Anyone else got any? (109)
  • How to descipline young kids effectively (104)
  • Right time to introduce solids to your baby (104)
  • DIY Paper dolls (103)
  • Toys and a child's developmental age (100)

•  

Forum statistics

• Total number of registered users: 80
    • Newest registered user: Stephanie Lynn
    • Total number of topics: 284
    • Total number of posts: 770

By posting a message, you automatically agree to the Forum Rules and Privacy Policy.