You didn't post a topic yet. Let us show you how to make your first topic. Guide me

Skip to forum content

Login with Facebook Username:  Password:  Login  |  Register

Use the "Login with Facebook" look around inside as a member, and receive weekly notification about interesting new topics! You can also download our Google Chrome Extension!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Please rate this topic
Current rating: 0
Votes: 0

Topic: Things to Remember during Pregnancy

On my first time baby, we had been through a lot of sayings and advice from the ancient people.
I can still remember some like eating black palm strictly not allowed. It is in the beliefs that the colour of that fruit can be the baby’s skin complexion. My husband doesn't like me to eat balut (food), asking him why? he just simply says “I don’t want my baby to become hairy”. There is another one don’t you ever watch ugly movie characters; it can be a photocopy of your forming baby. Some also say keep looking on the beautiful and handsome faces on TV. For your baby to adapt that beauty and handsome faces you see. This is just a happy memory of my first-time pregnancy. And that’s was according to ancient people only, it was all from us mothers and as the parent to decide what to believe for what we really want. 
No other best is the doctor’s advice and healthy foods for you and your baby.

Re: Things to Remember during Pregnancy

In our country there's a lot of old maid saying or myths during pregnancy. One of these are:

* eating crabs during pregnancy will give the fetus a deformity akin to that of crustacean.
*Eating a twin banana during pregnancy will cause you to have twins.

Need to take your pre-natal medicines, take maternal milk everyday, avoid eating raw fish and do exercise fir for pregnant mom.

yeah, there are so many. :-) in addition to that, step over your husband and he will be doing the first few months of your pregnancy. morning sickness, craving for unusual foods to eat, I think there is also a time that the husband becoming more sensitive in that case. Flatulence our Filipinos superstition, very common we truly believe that every pregnant woman is having strong flatulence and before leaving or the pregnant should leave, it needs to have a  cross-signing on the forehead of the person who caught their attention.  Sharing of foods with a pregnant can cause your drowsiness.  Our ancestor's old sayings.

Pregnancy is the most awaited and beautiful stage in a woman's life. It is said that giving birth is like a reincarnation of a woman. Everyone desires  for a healthy and safe pregnancy.

If you are first time pregnant, you need to adhere safety measures which include your body, diet and outdoor activities.

I avoided sushi which was sad because I love sushi, and I'm sure its fine as long as you get it from a decent place. I didn't each much shellfish. I made sure to eat healthy foods and take my folic acid and calcium.

One thing I remind myself when I was pregnant is that "I AM PREGNANT", which means I am carrying another life and I should take care both of us. Back then I usually forget and kept on doing things I normally do when I am still not pregnant like taking outdoor activities and adventures and others. I always remind myself of the stuff I eat so I resolved on eating fruits veggies and making sure I am eating a balanced and healthy meal with all the go, grow and glow foods in.

When I was pregnant, I ate a lot of healthy foods too. I avoid lifting and carrying heavy objects and always gone early to bed to have enough sleep. I am very careful with what I am doing to avoid any accident to happen, just to make sure that I and my baby are safe. 
And follow the doctor's advice, for a healthy pregnancy and for the safe delivery soon. :)

First time pregnancy is the one to be very careful about. Well we have to care for all our pregnancies but in first one we are not aware of much delicacies and responsibilities and health effects so we have to look after our every step during that specially during our first trimester we have to be very vigilant..

> Drink lots of water. Pregnant women are very prone to UTI due to increase in blood sugar level, thus, bacteria and microorganisms are likely to grow within the perineal area because of sugar in the urine.

> Remember that iodine supplement is also necessary to avoid cretinism (mental retardation)

> Folic Acid to prevent neural tube defects

smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Last Posts

• 21/01: Learning Toys for Infants
  • 20/01: Life with a Premature Infant
  • 20/01: C-Sections Before and After
  • 20/01: Crafts for Kids!
  • 20/01: Hi, my name is Riza!
  • 20/01: New Momma Here :)
  • 20/01: Hey fellow moms, I'm Geraldine
  • 20/01: Hi my name is Daniella
  • 20/01: Hi! My name is Juliia.
  • 20/01: Hi! My name is Rhev
  • 20/01: Are we doing a good or bad job raising the next generation?
  • 20/01: Introduce Yourself
  • 20/01: Public or private school? Which is right for our child?
  • 18/01: Teaching your child to read
  • 18/01: Clearing white heads using tooth paste and salt
  • 18/01: Eunice
  • 18/01: Introduce yourself
  • 17/01: Hello
  • 17/01: DIY nail polish remover using lemon juice + vinegar
  • 17/01: Healthy Finger Foods for Kids
  • Hot Topics

• Teaching Toddlers how to pee in just one week! (11)
  • Things to Remember during Pregnancy (9)
  • Teenage daughter and mother date ideas (8)
  • Great time management tip for busy mornings. Anyone else got any? (8)
  • Tips to reduce weight after child birth (8)
  • Family Dinner(s) (7)
  • How much Water you Drink Daily? (6)
  • Which foods to give my 1 year old (6)
  • First birthday party theme ideas and help (6)
  • Food for Us (6)
  • Right age for kids to give cell phone (6)
  • Christmas Party games ideas :D (6)
  • Why you should never let your baby play with your phone (6)
  • Home based working mom! (5)
  • Marrying Age? (5)
  • Healthy Finger Foods for Kids (5)
  • Hilarious or practical gifts for Christmas? (5)
  • Living with In-Laws (5)
  • Keeping your nails healthy (5)
  • Honestly... how much TV time do you let your little ones get? (5)
  • Popular Topics

• Afternoon nap good or bad? (359)
  • Home based working mom! (289)
  • Teenage daughter and mother date ideas (154)
  • Teaching Toddlers how to pee in just one week! (145)
  • Which Is Your Children Most Favorite Movie and why? (144)
  • Christmas present from children (141)
  • Things to Remember during Pregnancy (141)
  • Family Dinner(s) (131)
  • Tips to reduce weight after child birth (130)
  • You Know your Child (121)
  • Natural Home Remedies (119)
  • Christmas Party games ideas :D (116)
  • Keeping your nails healthy (113)
  • fulltime mom (110)
  • Top 10 Christmas Movies for Kids (110)
  • Great time management tip for busy mornings. Anyone else got any? (109)
  • How to descipline young kids effectively (104)
  • Right time to introduce solids to your baby (104)
  • DIY Paper dolls (103)
  • Toys and a child's developmental age (100)

•  

Forum statistics

• Total number of registered users: 80
    • Newest registered user: Stephanie Lynn
    • Total number of topics: 284
    • Total number of posts: 770

By posting a message, you automatically agree to the Forum Rules and Privacy Policy.