Embed topic to your site

Living with In-Laws

Topic: Living with In-Laws

Since my husband is a Fil-Chinese, I adapted their tradition of living with in-laws. Ever since we got married, I live with them.
I have a smooth relationship with them and even supportive too.
For me, it's a misconception that living with in-laws is not good.

Do you prefer living with your in-laws or not?

Re: Living with In-Laws

It depends, though. Most women feel uncomfortable about the idea but for me I think it's about having "pakikisama" and respecting privacies of both parties. smile I mean, there's a limitation to where one can interfere, and whatnot smile

Hello, my friend just telling it is not easy to live with your in-laws. No matter how kind they are, there is, and there will be a time that you will be having some decisions in contrary. I believe it is better to be separated from your own family once you enter the life of being married. It is the time for you and your partner to get along with each other wants and styles. The time when you are testing how long your patience and the sacrifices that you can give to your partner. Knowing each other. :-)

I love living with my in-laws and i think that it would have not been that easy for me to relax after marriage without my mother and father in law living with us. She supports me all throughout my daily chore, especially in my pregnancy she helped me a lot and advised with very useful tips and now they both take good care of my baby as well.

Congratulations to us, Moms who were loved and cared by our in-laws!!!We are truly lucky and blessed to have them.
I would never trade them because they accepted me in the family for who I am!

I don't think I could live with my in-laws. I actually get on with them very well but when we spend time together in the same house over Christmas it is very stressful. It's just a matter of doing things differently. My mother in law is VERY opinionated. She believes her way is the only way. I do envy people who have the grandparents around for babysitting though - that must be nice.