Embed topic to your site

Children with Disabilities

Topic: Children with Disabilities

http://yepmom.com/img/m/7969/5886b573403505.73796771.jpg

Living with kids that are disabled can sometimes be a hard task, I know first hand how hectic one day can become. I know when I found out my first child was autistic I felt like I had failed her. I felt even worse when my second child was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. Having two kids with disabilities makes life a little harder then most, because it seems like we are always on the go, since my oldest started school and receives her therapy in school it's made life a bit easier, but with my youngest we still have at least 36 appointments a month, between her therapies and doctor visits, even more when she gets sick. I am blessed to have an amazing supportive boyfriend that stepped in when their father left, and he makes enough along with my daughters SSI that I can stay home and work from home to take care of them better. I just wanted to make this post to tell you that you aren't alone if you have children with disabilities. Even as a single mom I found support through my children's therapists and doctors. Also I know there are tons of online support groups that have parents just like you that want to ask questions about specific disorders, medications, medical equipment and more. Please don't be afraid to find support through a group, they may start as a group of strangers, but you will quickly become to feel like a family. So please next time you see someone at therapy that seems friendly, say hi, chat with them, I bet you will enjoy.