Embed topic to your site
(edited by Heather Perol 2017-02-04 15:03:08)

DIY Egg Carton Ice Cream Cones - Toddler Crafts

Topic: DIY Egg Carton Ice Cream Cones - Toddler Crafts

Toddler crafts can be such a fun and educational pastime for your little ones. I have one daughter who is almost 3. She is my world, and we love doing artsy activities as much as we can. When I found this idea I knew I had to save it. I thought it would be wonderful to share with the mom community as well!

So without further wait here is how it's suggested to craft these DIY egg carton ice cream cones.

You will need:

• 2 egg carton boxes (preferably 1 large and 1 small.)

• Cotton balls and colorful pom poms (try to find different sizes.)

• A pair of scissors

• A glue gun (I assume stick glue could work for this too.)

Steps:

• Cut the large egg carton out so you have only the large pointy cone part.

• Pick your ice cream "flavors", this is when your toddler can start getting involved!

• Glue the pom poms to the inside of each cone.

• Let set for a minute and glue more to the top if desired.

• Let set and dry.

• Now your toddler can talk about the colors, flavors, and organize them in the small egg carton.

This is where the fun begins for your little one. If your child is a little older you could also pretend you are an ice cream shop. This can help teach your child that most things do cost money and how to go about that transaction at a shop. Switch places being the shopkeeper and the customer. This really becomes an activity to just let both you and your toddlers imaginations run wild. 

I hope you find this helpful and a lot of fun! I would also love to here how the project worked out for others. Did your toddler learn anything new from the activity?

http://yepmom.com/img/m/7983/5895d935479709.44724315.jpg

Heather Perol's Website

Thanked for the post: Kinga