Embed topic to your site

Blueberry Supreme Recipe

Topic: Blueberry Supreme Recipe

https://yepmom.com/img/m/7983/58acce2ac41da7.15610058.jpg

I was super excited when I found this recipe in my old cookbook. I love shopping the bargain snacks at the dollar store and one of the snacks they always have are those vanilla wafers. Sometimes they have chocolate and strawberry wafers too, but those are the popular flavors so I usually end up getting vanilla. Well turns out this recipe uses those exact vanilla wafers! I would think this would best be served at a bunch or for a light dessert after dinner. 

Blueberry Supreme Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 box of vanilla wafers, crushed.

• 1 cup of powdered sugar

• 1/2 cup of butter

• 2 eggs

• 1 can of blueberry pie filling.

• 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional).

Spread half the wafer crumbs on bottom of 9-inch square pan or 8x10-inch glass pan. Cream sugar with butter. Add eggs one at a time; beat well. Spread egg mixture over vanilla wafers. Cover with blueberry pie filling. Spread whipping cream over blueberry filling; sprinkle nuts over cream. Top with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate for 24 hours for best results or at least until cooled completely. 

*Any other fruit pie filling could be substituted here. However I would suggest using FRESH blueberries in this recipe. In my area during the right time of year fresh blueberries everywhere. 

Yields 8-9 servings, serve cold. 

It’s so great to find fun easy recipes. When I cook I do not want to take 2 hours in the kitchen to make something new. Plus all the clean up time. I don’t know about you, but I have to wash all my dishes by hand, so I always consider that when baking. I always try to bake mid-day also. This way you have time to clean up after that, before you need to start supper.