Embed topic to your site
(edited by Heather Perol 2017-03-26 13:50:33)

Craft Area for the Kiddo's!

Topic: Craft Area for the Kiddo's!

Having a craft area is great to inspire creativity in your kids. And it’s easier than you might think to get an area set up. I’ll let you know why and how I set up a decent craft area for my daughter. 

https://yepmom.com/img/m/7983/58d7b80e739559.71131022.jpeg

Whether you’re into crafts or not having an area for your child to be messy and creative is a must. No matter what age they are a craft can fit them. Sometimes it’s best to try out a few different things depending on the age of your child. In my case my daughter is only 3 so we stick to watercolor paint, washable markers, crayons, and maybe glitter! Only when mom is feeling extra brave smile However if your child is bit older consider puzzles, a calligraphy kit,  oil paints, sewing, knitting, felting, the list goes on and on. 

In my home I made the decision to turn the living room pretty much into a playroom. So this is the space I chose to make my lovely craft area. 

That’s the first thing you’ll want to consider is where the craft area should be. Now IF you do not have a lot of space, the craft area can totally be on the kitchen table. It just means mom, you need to keep an organized storage area somewhere to keep all the craft stuff. 

Next important factor to consider when creating a craft area is exactly how much crafting, art, whatever supplies do you have? I have way to much, so I dedicated to turn the nearest coat closet into a puzzle/game/art supplies closet. I also went to my local dollar store and grabbed 3 medium size plastic totes, and 3 small plastic baskets. I used the totes under the table to organize the big stuff, and the 3 small baskets on the top of the table for the little cute stuff. 

The table is an extra folding table we had in that random coat closet. So I washed it up and found a very large piece of fabric to cover it up so you can’t really tell it’s a folding table. 

That was it! Move the craft stuff in, organize it, and start crafting! I hope you and your children have fun with this smile