Embed topic to your site
(edited by Alejandra Azúcar 2016-12-11 13:13:19)

Does gender violence begin at home?

Topic: Does gender violence begin at home?

Not long ago I saw a video in a Facebook post, it was one of these that intend to be funny. It showed a boy about 4 years old that beat really hard to his mother because she didn't  bring what he asked from the store. Father laughter could be heard in the background as he was recording the video. For me it was't funny at all!

The same day I saw a couple of publications of news about violence against women, both things made me think that social problems are a reflection of what it is lived at home and that as women and mothers we have a great responsibility on the example and education that we give to our children. I have a girl and I would be pretty scared if she would have to share classroom with a boy like the one on this video.

2 (edited by Dale 2016-12-11 14:40:04)

Re: Does gender violence begin at home?

I saw videos like it before too. However, I do not like to watch videos like this. I know many families are facing violence and we do not know about it. The women are ashamed to say about it. They are hiding the truth. What is upsetting those children that much that they hit their own mother? How can we protect our children from abusive classmates? Also bullying in the schools are not rare these days either.

Personally, I really think that guidance of children starts at home. Home is the chilren's first school, after all. If a child lacks guidance or attention, they are most likely to manifest attention seeking or abusive kind of behavior since they wanted to be noticed.

For me, giving enough attention to children and educating them about the things which are right or wrong can help them develop their attitude and personality.

Yes . Everything that your child will learn starts at home. All the teachings good or bad will be coming from you. We are the one who mold their personality.

True. The reflection on how your children grew up shows the way how parents brought up their children's individuality.
The values parents impart to their children can be visualized on how the children interact at home and in the society.
Moreover, parents should still be mindful of their children since most of their time are devoted to modern technology like cell phone and computers where they tend to explore everything through web, where there is no control on browsing.
Being a parent, I should still need to impose a family quality time even we are busy with our work, like a daily dinner get together or a family vacation, where we can share what is happening on school, friends, work and family..