Embed topic to your site

What do you feed a picky eater?

Topic: What do you feed a picky eater?

My son is a picky eater. He doesn’t like much in the way of protein except for bacon. He’s not a huge fan of pasta - mostly he hates the sauce, he’ll often eat it plain. There are very few vegetables that he will eat. He hates tomatoes so salad is out.

I generally cook chicken or meat with potatoes or rice. What do you cook for a picky eater? Simple weeknight ideas would be great!

Re: What do you feed a picky eater?

Hi Joanne, to help you with that,  I have just created  a topic on how we can be able to feed our picky eaters. You may want to check this out. http://yepmom.com/viewtopic.php?pid=31564#p31564 Being a picky is a part of their milestones for some toddlers. No worries! Eventually they will learn to eat that by introducing it to them one by one.

I suggest you make meal time a bit livelier and fun. You can do this by making some cute dishes and working on its presentation. Bite-sized foods also have a better appeal on the child smile

Picky eaters are a tough one to beat.
You need to set prioritization for his/her liked foods.

For parents whose children are picky eaters, I would suggest them the following:
1. be very very patient, never force your child to eat
2. make your food preparation more colorful, so it made add his interest that this food is good.
3. Be an example to your child like eating nutritious food
4. Serve bite sized food.
5. Put pictures on your kitchen, different fruits and vegetables - healthy foods that he needs to eat.