Korean Style Chicken Pop Corn
Topic: Korean Style Chicken Pop Corn
My brother and I love experimenting on new recipes and here's what we were able to whip a few days ago
2 to 4 slices Chicken Breast (cut into small bite-sized pieces)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 tsp ground pepper
1/3 tsp salt
1 cup of flour
1 cup of cornstarch
1 beaten egg
For the sauce:
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp sugar
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tbsp cooking oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
1. Put the sliced chicken breast on a container and combine salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well.
2. After which, coat each piece in flour, then egg, then to the cornstarch. Set aside.
3. After coating all the pieces, refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Preheat a pan (enough to deep fry) with 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
5. Fry the chicken pieces/slices until light brown. Set aside for 5 minutes.
6. Fry again for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
7. Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch to 2 tbsp water, set aside.
*DOUBLE FRYING ENSURES CRISPINESS*
8. Get another pan for sauteeing, heat oil and then add the garlic.
9. Pour oyster sauce, water, light soy sauce, and sugar on the pan. Mix well.
10. Add the cornstarch and water mixture. Mix well.
11. Add the fried chicken bites and coat them evenly, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.