Embed topic to your site

Keeping your nails healthy

Topic: Keeping your nails healthy

Nails are an important part of your body. They reflect your personality and if keep in proper health and condition can help a lot yo impress others..
Here are some tips to keep your nails healthy
First of all eat a well balanced diet rich in proteins as they are very necessary for your body.
Keep them cut and in proper shape.. File them properly
Keep them well moisturized.
A good tip is to rub peeled garlic on your nails tips to make them strong.
Apply a protective coating on them.
Don't cut or file your nails when wet or after bath directly.
Wear gloves if going in sunlight or anywhere to prevent them from dryness
Don't use them as tools e.g. pliers scewers use tools instead.

Re: Keeping your nails healthy

Yes. Specially your children. We must keep their nails neat and clean. If not, they could get worms and other parasites from their dirty nails. Because kids loves to play with everything and put their hands on their mouth.

Not only this cutting child's nails every week is quite necessary because they can hurt themselves and others with big nails. When my baby scratches his skin sometimes due to itching or irritation it produces a rash and redness due to his long nails which can create allergy or site for microbial attack

Also a tip, if ever you experience having some fungi or bacteria on your nailbeds, try putting some apple cider vinegar all over the nails. It helps smile

My little one does not like it when I cut her fingernails. She would scream and cry if she saw the nail cutter whenever I'm trying to cut her nails. It is such a challenge to keep my child's finger nails short.I tried doing it while she's sleeping but still it did not work because she will be awake if she felt I'm cutting her nails..

Any tips on this case?

6 (edited by yutenaj 2016-12-23 17:43:35)

Nail Care

Use of a nail clipper.
Use a nail file or emery board to smoothen the jagged edges of the nail.
Having a well-trimmed nails (slightly rounded or straight across), these can keep kids from biting them, which can lead to infection.
Moisturize the nails and cuticle regularly by using a little hand lotion or a moisturizer.
Toenails don't need to be trimmed always since they don't grow fats than fingernails.
Trimming toenails should be straight across, which can be difficult, so kids needs to ask for Mommy's help.