Embed topic to your site

Let's Talk Nap Time

Topic: Let's Talk Nap Time

http://yepmom.com/img/m/7969/588620e66cbab5.77831029.jpg

We all know we hated napping as a kid (and how much we want one as an adult lol). Making sure our kids get the right amount of sleep at the right time, is essential for a happy toddler. We all know that some days our kids don't keep schedule and fall asleep too late or too early. So I want to share with you the tips I found to work the best at nap time.

First, we need to get the time right, putting your kid down for a nap too early or too late can make for a cranky day. Most day care centers lay children down for a nap at 11:30 am and wake them at 2:30 pm. I have found this time to be a perfect amount and my daughter is always in a cheery mood when she awakes, and is ready for bed come 7 pm. 

Now that we have the time, lets get the setting, a nice dark room or very soft light is perfect for napping. Using music will also help aid in your child falling asleep faster and staying asleep. I like to use storm sounds or piano lullabies for my daughter, some kids may require different music. 

If you have any tips you would like to share please leave them in the comments below as I know we could all use some help when it comes to getting our little ones the rest they need to be successful!