Embed topic to your site

If Nothing Else, Choose to Walk.

Topic: If Nothing Else, Choose to Walk.

https://yepmom.com/img/m/7983/58abc287741ec6.27023378.jpeg
Choosing to walk as a busy mom is one of the hardest tasks. I have to find that just right time of day. It's best to exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes. As a mom try to do it when you have the most time to yourself and the most energy. For me that is first thing in the morning before everyone wakes up. Sometimes I'm still a little tired that early in the morning, however it's worth it. 

If I can't get a good walk in I do yoga. 

Just choosing to wake up a little early in the morning and get in some kind of exercise is a great start to your day. Walking is the first step, haha get it. Seriously though, if you are trying to get back into fitness, choosing to just go for a walk is the beginning to better fitness. 

There is plenty of science showing you can manage your weight, improve your mood, reduce blood pressure, lower your risk of heart disease by walking daily. The new standard is to try and get 10,000 steps in a day. Not something you have to obtain right away, but it is something to work towards. 

What happens when you know you need to make 10,000 steps a day?
You change the way you live a little bit. For example you start parking FARTHER away from the store to get your steps in. After dinner, it gets you out the door to walk off your meal. Take the dog on more walks and you both will be happier. Other ideas to get walking are to Vary your routine. Walk to lunch or brunch. Do your errands on foot. It all adds up.

Has walking helped your health and overall fitness?